Stellar Structure and Evolution
- To introduction the subjects of
stellar structure and evolution.
- To develop the necessary tools (including
gas dynamics and the physics of
energy generation processes)
to model and understand the physics of stars.
For a more detail overview of the course consult the course syllabus.
- To understand how the general properties of stars are deduced from
- To establish the equations which describe the structure and
evolution of stars.
- To solve these equations under certain approximations.
- To understand the physics of energy generation and transport in
- To explain the observed evolution of stars in terms of the
physical processes taking place.
Here are copies of some of the overhead transparencies I use.
Books and References
Links and online references