Stellar Structure and Evolution - Books and References
- An Introduction to the Theory of Stellar Structure and Evolution Dina Prialnik, Cambridge University Press - A good introduction to stellar structure and evolution using basic physics.
- The Physical Universe F. Shu, University
Science Books - Very good general astronomy text
- Astrophysics, Vol. 1
Bowers, R., and Deeming, T., Jones and Barttlett
- Stellar Atmospheres, Interiors, and Evolution, Vol
1,2,3, E. Bohm-Vitense, Cambridge University Press,
- Structure and Evolution of the Stars, M. Schwarzschild, Dover
- The Physics of Stars, A. C. Phillips, Wiley - As the
title suggests mostly about the physics of stellar structure, not much about evolution.
- Stellar Structure and Evolution, R. Kippenhahn and
A. Weigert, Springer-Verlag - Advanced, very complete, very good
- Stellar Interiors C.J. Hansen and
D. Kawaler, Springer-Verlag - Advanced, very good
- Principles of Stellar Structure, J.P. Cox and R. T.
Giuli, Vol 1,2, Gordon and Breach - THE book on stellar structure, but
out of print There is now a new edition available.
- Principles of Stellar Evolution and Nucleosynthesis,D. D. Clayton, McGraw-Hill
- Stars and Their Spectra, J. Kaler, Cambridge University Press - Popular level reading.
Course Home Page