The Observatory Site
A Panorama of the Jodrell Bank Observatory. The numbered keys will show what lies within its boundary.
- The Granada Arboretum.
- The Microwave Link Tower linking the Tabley Telescope to Jodrell Bank.
- The 7-m Telescope used for undergraduate teaching and Distance Learning Courses.
- The Receiver and Cryogenic Development Laboratories.
- The main Microwave Link Tower linking the MERLIN Telescopes (except Tabley) to Jodrell Bank.
- The 26-m, Mk II Telescope was completed in1964and is normally used as part of the 217 km MERLIN array. It was resurfaced in 1987.
- The Power House contains two diesel generators to power the site should the mains grid supply fail.
- Receiver Testing Facility.
- Bust of Nicholas Copernicus.
- Whispering gallery.
- Visitor Centre.
- Walkway around the Lovell telescope.
- The Lovell Telescope, MERLIN and European VLBI Network Observing Rooms.
- The Lovell Telescope Control Room.
- The 13-m Telescope which is normally used for observing the Crab Pulsar.