This website will look much better in a web browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.
Go to main content.
Marie Curie Conference (MC2)
Monday 10th April - Wednesday 12th April 2006
A choice of accommodation for delegates is available for those who would
like to include their reservation with conference booking.
The University’s Weston Hall which is located close to the conference
venue and costs £28 per night.
- Conveniently located in the centre of Manchester on the North campus.
- A modern self catering residence.
- Secure environment with 24 hour reception.
- Residential team comprising of warden and 8 flat tutors providing welfare support.
- A non-smoking policy operates in all public areas.
- En suite facilities in all rooms.
- Ethernet links and telephones available in all study bedrooms.
- Launderette facilities.
- Accommodation is in single study bedrooms within a flat for eight people.
- Shared flat lounge area including dining facilities, TV and telephone.
- Several rooms designed to cater for the needs of students with a disability.
- All rooms are well equipped and have television sockets.
- Flat kitchens have a microwave, cooker, fridge and freezer.
- Active Residents' Association - organising a wide range of sports, competitions and social events.
- Residents Bar with audio/visual facilities, running varied events including themed evenings ran by students, for students.
- Well stocked Residents Shop within the building.
Weston Hall is marked on the accommodation
map, Building Number 7.
For delegates seeking independent accommodation options or those visiting
Manchester but not registering at the conference, Manchester has a wide
variety of hotel options within walking distance of the conference venue.
Those closest to the Renold building include:
A map of hotels locations can be found using the Google Local service and a more complete list of options can be found using web sites such as Manchester Online, Trip Advisor or Lastminute.com.