Switching to Pulsars
Created 14th june 2000 cajordan
- Stop scanning in tkmulti (Click the Sched button, then
Finish to stop gracefully or click Stop to stop immediately)
- Type Closefile in the tkmulti command window (bottom right)
- Type disable antenna in the tkmulti command window (bottom right).
- Type disable fcc in the tkmulti command window (bottom right).
- Change the LO frequency to 386 MHz.
(The LO is
produced by the Rohde & Schwarz Signal Generator on top of the main Observing
room equipment racks. To change to a new value, enter the setting
eg 391.25 on the numeric keypad and press the MHz button to the right of the
- Change the Cal Diode cable from 'Correlator Cal' to 'Pulsar Cal'
.(Cables should be found by the pen recorder in fron tof the main
Observing room equipment rack).
- Move the receiver back to 45 degree position
Switching to Multibeam
Ask the controller to give control of the telescope to ARTHUR.
- In the Observing Room, change the LO frequency to 391.25 MHz.
- Change the Cal Diode cable back to Correlator Cal.
If multi/tkmulti software is running,
If multi/tkmulti software is not running see
Notes on running the Multibeam Correlator Software with tkmulti
- Type enable antenna in the tkmulti command window (bottom right).
- Type enable fcc in the tkmulti command window (bottom right).
- Check Frequency and Bandpass on tkmulti display.
Last modified: Thu Jul 6 12:03:34 BST 2000