J. P. Leahy
I'm a senior lecturer in Radio Astronomy in the
University of Manchester's
of Physics and Astronomy.
I'm in the Jodrell Bank Centre for
- PHYS30692: Stars and Stellar Evolution (See Blackboard for course content)
- I also demonstrate astrophysics experiments in the second year lab, and supervise BSc dissertations and MPhys projects
Very old course pages
- POSSUM A survey of polarized radio emission covering 75% of the sky with ASKAP
- The C-Band All Sky Survey, a survey at 5 GHz to complement the higher-frequency CMB observations by
Planck and WMAP.
- The eMerlin Legacy programme on Extragalactic Jet Physics
- Studies of the Galactic synchrotron emission and Faraday rotation at
1.5 GHz using Arecibo
and Penticton (GMIMS), with my research student Indy Leclercq.
Galactic Synchrotron polarization, as a CMB foreground contaminant. With
my former student Zamri Zainal Abidin, I used
the 100-m Effelsberg
Radio Telescope to map polarized emission away from the Galactic plane,
in collaboration with Wolfgang and Patricia Reich and Richard Wielebinski.
(No it isn't, as a matter of fact).
Schrödinger's Cat paper on-line! (also here
and here, but these
all have html errors).
Back to Jodrell Bank home page
Last modified: 2021 April 7
J. P. Leahy
Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics
Alan Turing Building
University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL