The C-BASS 6.1m dish at the Owens Valley Radio Observatory in California.
Jodrell Bank is currently involved in a number of observational projects, including the following:
- C-BASS - The C-Band All Sky Survey is a project to map the whole sky at a frequency of 5 GHz in both temperature and polarization.
- e-Merlin - We are involved in several e-Merlin legacy projects looking at starbursts and active galaxies.
- OCRA - The One Centimetre Receiver Array aims to construct a 100 beam radio camera at the focus of a large radio telescope.
- Planck - The European Space Agency's Planck Spacecraft will map the cosmic microwave background (CMB) anisotropies as fully and accurately as possible.
- QUIET - The Q/U Imaging ExperimenT (QUIET) is the result of a multinational collaboration to construct an instrument to observe the Q and U polarization of the Cosmic Microwave Background.
- QUIJOTE - The Q-U-I JOint TEnerife (QUIJOTE) experiment aims to observe the polarization of the Cosmic Microwave Background on large angular scales (around 1 degree) at a number of frequencies between 11 and 30 GHz.
Some other large radio surveys with new instruments which JBCA staff are involved with include:
- LOFAR surveys Key Science Project
- The MeerKAT International Giga-Hertz Tiered Extragalactic Exploration (MIGHTEE) Survey
- MeerKAT H1 Observations of Nearby Galactic Objects: Observing Southern Emitters (MHONGOOSE)
- VLBI with MeerKAT
- SHYKATS - Survey of HYdrogen with KAT-7
We also have a number of smaller projects ongoing, including:
We've also been involved in a large number of previous projects.